17.6.14

Embracing Greek heritage: Zeus+Δione/2nd outfit











Wandering with my beloved friends around our secret place in Vouliagmeni area in my handweaved Zeus+Δione 'Phryne' kaftan, I suddenly felt an inner strength, like a tolerant woman who is not afraid to fall and stand up again. I felt like an ancient Greek goddess on the rocks by the deep blue sea, shaking myself from the dusts of the past and being ready to rise with passion, and fight with faith for my present and my future. 
It is incredible how a piece of clothing can transform your mood and your personality, create a story around you and crown you your fairytale's heroine. 

“Ruin, eldest daughter of Zeus, she blinds us all, that fatal madness—she with those delicate feet of hers, never touching the earth, gliding over the heads of men to trap us all. She entangles one man, now another.” 
― HomerThe Iliad

'PHRYNE' handweaved embroidered kaftan with trimming details by Zeus+Δione, 'HEPHAESTUS' handmade leather flat sandals by Zeus+Δione, 'ORBwoven straw sunhat by Zeus+Δione, handmade contemporary jewellery by Rallou Katsari
You can also shop the Zeus+Δione collection online at MATCHESFASHION.COM


Photos by LYDIA KOUKOU
Editing by Andy Tsivanidou and Rallou Katsari

1 comment: