21.9.13

Isabel Marant for H&M: First pieces

The most anticipated fashion collaboration of the season is undoubtedly Isabel Marant for H&M collection, launching November 14. The woman who whatever she creates becomes essential is going to drive fashionistas crazy once more with her creations for H&M.
As mentioned in Harper's Bazaar, her inspiration, came straight from her catwalk archive. 
The sentiment comes through in the clothes: The requisite T-shirts and sweats, tribal-chic jackets that reference Spring 2010, and delicate embroidered dresses reminiscent of the doily lace numbers from Fall 2012 all make an appearance, much to shoppers' delight. Marant can't pick just one favorite from among her hits. "It's like asking which one of my babies I prefer," she says, laughing. "And my style is also a lot about mixing, so they're really meant to work together."
Marant says that the process of working with H&M felt symbiotic. "It was clear from the beginning that we didn't want to just do a cheap version of Isabel Marant, so we worked around keeping a really high level of quality in the fabric and the manufacturing, doing things by hand," she explains. The partnership offered a chance for the designer to push her creative boundaries. "I'm a big fur lover and do a lot of fur for winter, but for political reasons H&M doesn't use it. So I tried to work with a new idea of making something furlike that is not fur, and we did a kind of knitted 'fur' in wool, which is super cool." Her inspiration comes from women she sees in the streets, from their style and their attitude.
I am a huge fun of Isabel Marant myself , and I am so looking forward to get my hands into this collection. Being in love with her jackets, the jacket in the picture with the tribal influences is already No1 on my wish list!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment